the pencil runs

posts on running

very cool electronic stuff

I’m such a nerd sometimes. I’ve been surfing around looking at gadgets and programmes that will track your heart rate, distance, pace, speed, etc. either via GPS or a foot pod thing. Seriously, these gadgets are amazing – they can even plot a graph of the elevation of your route! And take your timing every kilometre! Automatically! And do a simulated “re-run” of your route, along with elevation charts and speed! With maps! But I don’t want one cos I don’t want to wear a chest strap. I also don’t want one because too much information spoils the jog. And that essentially is the primary reason.

The thing about keeping track about how far and fast and often you run is that you always want to do something you’ve never done before. The most recent thing I did that I haven’t done before was to run the 10k on a treadmill. Exhilarating, when you do things for the first time…

Links: Garmin Forerunner 301 ; Timex Speed and Distance ; Polar Heart Rate Monitors ; MotionBased Performance Tracking
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »

» Post a Comment