the pencil runs

posts on running

My next running shoe

Toying with the idea of an adidas. I have an asics GEL-1090 now and I love it. It fits well; it is light; and it gives sufficient cushioning. The pic below is a shot of my running shoes hanging out with my office dustbin while I blog at work.


My asics are a year and a half old and quite worn out as it is my only pair and I wear them a lot for both running and non-running purposes. There are little holes in my right shoe where the toes flex upwards, and it has been feeling a little "flat".

Adidas has a new customisable shoe called mi-adidas where they measure each foot individually, determine your gait, and let you print your name, etc. (See yewjin's account of his session; he got a free shoe just by blogging about it, wah lau!) Moi-Carine's new shoe is an Adidas Adistar Cushion; Renohtaram's new shoe is the Adidas Supernova Cushion. S's shoe is also a Supernova Cushion – you can find a runner's world review in the linked post. Moi-Carine is the queen of excellent shoe reviews though – see it here and here.

So I'm thinking that I may get either the supernova or the adistar, if they fit alright, or stick with the asics if they don't. From what I have read so far, the Asics-1090 has a dual-density sole (stability shoe) while the supernova and the adistar is a cushion shoe. I guess I will have to see which fits better. How exciting. :)


| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »
| Back to Runs | Next »

» Post a Comment